San Diego Proofreading / Editing Service
Send your project to us; we'll return it promptly and properly, whether it's a manuscript, a dissertation or some other form of writing.
Founded in 1769, San Diego is now the eighth largest city in the United states with 372 square miles of land and 1.4 million residents. The San Diego metro area is home to 3.3 million people. San Diego has 34 million annual visitors.
San Diego Nicknames
The Plymouth of the West
San Diego Firsts
- First drive through restaurant
- First baby panda born in western hemisphere
San Diego Inventions
- 1946-Hotdog on a stick
- 1974-Taylor guitars
San Diego Fun Facts
- San Diego has the largest oceanographic museum in the U.S., the Birch Aquarium.
- The Giant Dipper is the only roller coaster in the U.S. on the National Register of Historic Places.
- San Diego produces the most avocados in the United States.
- Hotel Del Coronado is the oldest and largest wooden structure in the U.S.
- In 1867, San Diego land was selling for 27 cents an acre.
- Best weather in the U.S. with an average daily high of 70 degrees.
- Every one of San Diego's lakes is manmade.
Famous San Diegans
Aaron Zigman, Adam Brody, Adam Driver, Alana Stewart, Ananda Lewis, Ann Wilson, Anthony Van Engelen, Ariel Winter, Bert Kramer, Bessie Learn, Billy Casper, Cameron Diaz, Charlene Tilton, Cliff Robertson, Craig Stadler, David Leisure, Don Grady, Dr. Suess, Heather O'Rourke, Kevin Hart, Mario Lopez, Mayim Bialik, Nick Cannon, RuPaul, Shaun White, Tony Hawk.