London UK Editing and Proofreading Service
Send your project to us; we'll return it promptly and properly, whether it's a manuscript, a thesis or some other form of writing.
London is the largest city in England and the capital of the United Kingdom. Founded by the Romans, London has been continuously inhabited for over two thousand years and sits alongside the River Thames. With a population of 8,787,982 in the greater area, London is perhaps the most cosmopolitan city hosting speakers of more than 300 languages. London's universities form the largest concentration of higher education institutes in Europe.
- 1662-sparkling water
- 1702-daily newspaper
- 1809-Indian restaurant
- 1843-holiday card
- 1860-dog food
- 1868-traffic light
- 1876-ice rink
- 1880-telephone directory
- magazine (1731)
- fire extinguisher (1723)
- jigsaw puzzle (1766)
- subway (1863)
- neon (1998)
- table tennis (1901)
- television (1926)
- penicillin (1928)
- miniskirt (1964)
- cash machine ATM (1967)
London Fun Facts
The Tower of London, Kew Gardens, Buckingham Palace, St Paul's Cathedral, Piccadilly Circus, Tower Bridge, and Trafalgar Square.
- The London Underground is the oldest underground railway network in the world.
- London is the most-visited city in the world.
- London has the busiest city airport system.
- London is one of the most important global cities, ranking 26 in economic performance.
- There were only six deaths in the Great Fire of London.
- Feeding pigeons in Trafalgar Square is banned.
- London has over 170 Museums.
Alec Guinness, Alfred Hitchcock, Charles Chaplin, Daniel Day Lewis, David Beckham, David Bowie, David Niven, Dudley Moore, Emma Thompson, Francis Bacon, Ian Fleming, Joan Collins, John Gielgud, John Keats, Martin Clunes, Michael Caine, Michael Faraday, Queen Victoria, Roddy McDowell, Roger Moore, Simon Callow, Thomas Becket, Vanessa Redgrave
The City, the Square Mile, the Big Smoke, the Old Smoke, or just the Smoke